Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Weekend Recap: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu in San Francisco

This weekend I went to San Francisco with my longtime pal Azario and new companion Brianna.

They are fan of a Japanese Pop Star named Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

Other than a few music videos that Azario had shown me my knowledge of Kyary was very limited, but being the carefree, I'm down for whatever type of person I am. A trip to the bay seemed like a fun time.

Once we were in the West Bay we stopped at Paxti's Chicago Pizza and I dove into my very first Chicago deep dish style pizza. Spinach and Mozzarella in all of it's divinity.



I highly recommend that if you are anywhere near a Paxti's Pizza to dine there. I definitely have plans of visiting again.




After that we went to Haight street where I stopped by Super7 a designer toy store where I picked up a couple t-shirts and stickers. If I had started to purchase toys I would have put myself in tough financial situation. I'm surprised my will power held up.

After a quick stop in Japantown for some cool photobooth pictures we headed to the sold out show where the line was wrapped around the Regency Ballroom into the alley. The line got into the concert hall rather quickly and I was blown away to see a giant teddy bear on the stage. I knew I was going to be in for a brand new experience.



Her fans were dedicated and the line for merchandise was long. People of all ages were dressed up like they were anime characters. Entire families were standing together waiting to see Kyary and 5 minutes before she took the stage people began chanting "Ky-ar-y! KY! AR! Y!"



Not being a fan I was getting goosebumps in anticipation for to hit the stage and when she did I was not disappointed.

Bright lights, dancing, and glowsticks everywhere. People jumping up and down with smiles on their faces all because of this girl with a pleasant voice, pretty decent dance moves, and awesome costume changes.



I was definitely softly banging my head and tapping my foot to her songs and would definitely go see her again. If this was your first time hearing about Miss Kyary Pamyu Pamyu I don't think it'll be your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment