Friday, February 28, 2014

(Belated) Weekend Recap: Up and down California

I've had a busy schedule of work, exams, Doctor Who, and studying that I haven't had a time to sit down and write.

And I have had so much I've wanted to write about.

Not writing is the worst writers block.

This past weekend I hit the pavement and spent my Friday in Los Angeles and my Saturday in San Francisco.

A benefit to living in the part of California that I live in is being 3 hours or less from the beach, the mountains, the forest, the babes, the waves, San Francisco, and LA. Sure the air is bad and my town is frequently voted "the worst (blank)" but hey it's home.

My trip to southern California was brief. I went to go pick up my grandma from her mini vacation from Fresno. I took this opportunity to stop by the Johnny Cupcakes store on Melrose to pick up a few goodies and then go to Glendale to meet up with one of my best friends Christina.

Christina had just moved to Glendale for school and it was a pleasure to walk around Glendale and grab a quick bite. We ate this Japanese restaurant that was nothing to write home about. Hopefully next time I visit we find as the youth like to say "dope spot."


Nightsky and Traffic 

Xtina

I made the 3 hour drive back home with my grandma slept a few hours and then made another 3 hour dive to my favorite place, Northern California, with my good friend Lisette for a day in the bay. We went to go see the Golden State Warriors play the Brooklyn nets and it was so crazy to see future Hall Of Fame players Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce play. I have a bad case of hoop fever and I just want to go to basketball games every night forever. It was super loud at Oracle and I got goosepimples when Steph Curry knocked down a 3 that went off the backboard to ice the game. The atmosphere in arena was electric when the shot went down and I was so happy.


 We walked down Haight Street and did some shopping.





This me living out my boyhood dream of getting a foam finger.
 Game time!

 Jermaine O'neal had a monster game looking 10 years younger.
I was honestly afraid that Joe Johnston was going to go off and break my heart with a loss.
Ended the night with a trip back to San Fran for a Veggie burger at Mel's Drive-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment